PROGRESSIVE ACTIVITY RESUMPTION SPECIAL SUPPORT FOR COMPANIES IN A SITUATION OF BUSINESS CRISIS
APPLICATIONS ARE OPEN
The progressive activity resumption special support for companies in a situation of business crisis was recently modified by the Portuguese Decree-Law nº6-C/2021 of January 15th, that provides support for the maintenance of work positions. The extension of this support, until the end of the 1st semester/2021, implies a few alterations, among which:
- It now includes managers of companies with permanent workers, with social contributions carried out in the company;
- Ensures a 100% payment up to 3 Guaranteed Monthly Minimum Incomes (1.995€);
- Creates the simplified support for microcompanies up to 2 Guaranteed Monthly Minimum Incomes (1.330€).
See here the main characteristics of these employment support measures:
RESUMPTION SUPPORT MEASURE
- For the private employers, including those of the social sector, who are in a situation of business crisis. Includes managers of companies with permanent workers, with social contributions done to the company.
- Normal gross retribution until 3 Guaranteed Monthly Minimum Incomes (1.995€);
- 50% reduction of the social contributions (without the compensation).
- All the entities forced to close under the terms of article 14 and 15 in the Annex I (Portuguese Decree-Law nº3-A/2021);
- The members of the statutory bodies (MSB) maintain a full exemption from the employing entity's social security contributions (they have no right to the compensation).
It is paid by the social security to ensure the normal gross retribution of the worker, up to the limit of 3 Guaranteed Monthly Minimum Incomes. (News)
SIMPLIFIED SUPPORT FOR MICROCOMPANIES
- Microcompanies employer in a situation of business crisis (DL 46 - A/2020),
- Employer that benefited from simplified layoff.
2 Guaranteed Monthly Minimum Incomes (1330€) per worker.
The employer can't cease contracts for collective dismissal and extinction of work positions up to 2 months after the end of the support measures.
EMPLOYMENT SUPPORT MEASURES FOR SELF-EMPLOYED WORKERS
Self-employed workers can have access to the following employment support measures :